Welcome!

This blog will document my journey toward a new chapter chapter in my career. I love working with second graders, and watching their excitement, confidence, and joy grow as they become proficient readers. There is something magical about working day in and day out with a child and seeing them finally light up with understanding, thrilled they are able to read and truly understand a story. I love sharing my adventures with these students, and encouraging them to set off on adventures beyond their wildest dreams.

What I am learning along the way is how much I have to learn! So, follow along as I go back to school and discover so much more about how to inspire these students to be and do their best.

The joy is in the journey, and the journey never ends!

Mrs. Jessica Shivers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I Have Learned

Start Seeing Diversity: Creating Art

Gender, Gender Identity, and Sexual Orientation