When I Think of Child Development...

We exist in community, and though we are only one person, we can be that one that makes a positive difference in a child's life. There will be many people in and out a a child's life. Some will help the child develop, others will hinder. I want to leave the right mark.
I feel like this sums up the goal of child development for me. As caregivers we help the child progress from focused on themselves to seeing others, and hopefully then preparing them for responsible citizens as they learn to care about others across the world.
Related image


Each child is unique. Its my job to connect and help each student I work with succeed in their own way.

Comments

  1. Jessica-

    Thank you for your thoughtful and educated contributions to our early childhood development course. You challenged me to look at topics from another perspective and re-examine my own biases and thought processes. Best of luck in your future learning and activism.

    Bri Wolfe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts and thoughts. Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I Have Learned

Start Seeing Diversity: Creating Art

Gender, Gender Identity, and Sexual Orientation